Can my psychiatrist prescribe Savella?

kaismama 20 Sep 2012

Of course he can. There is no law that states a specific dr has to prescribe a med. There is however the understandable tendency for drs not to prescribe meds they don't feel they know alot about.

cajunbarbie 23 Sep 2012

I saw my psychiatrist and she took me off of Cymbalta and prescribed Prozac and Neurontin.I'll see how it works for me..

Anonymous 21 Sep 2012

Hello cajunbarbie. Ceretainly can. Best of wishes to you, pledge

cajunbarbie 23 Sep 2012

Thank you!

Anonymous 23 Sep 2012

You're welcome.

Tee6759 23 Sep 2012

Your family doctor is another good choice for obtaining Savella. Mine does this for me. A psych doctor should be able to prescribe it depending on his knowledge and usage of it. Check with them to be sure.
Good luck!
In peace,
Tee

cajunbarbie 23 Sep 2012

Thank you!My Dr. didn't want to prescribe the Savella.Instead I'm on Neurontin and Prozac.We'll see how it works.

Tee6759 23 Sep 2012

Hey there, Cajunbarbie, I'm also on Neuronton but take Celexa for my depression. What is the dosage of Neuronton that you're taking? I'm currently on 1800mg per day. Let me know if it works for you. The higher dose is working better now. Keep me posted!
In peace,
Tee

cajunbarbie 24 Sep 2012

I'm taking 600mg of Neurontin daily.