I was wondering if it is good for treating anxiety/depression? Is it weight neutral?
I have taken many antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications, but never tried Prozac. A local pharmacist told me it is known to cause a lot of weight gain. I have also read that is makes for low libido. I have never taken Prozac, so I am only going on what I have heard.
Does it treat panic attacks? (I am confused as to the difference between "panic attacks" and "anxiety attacks". I have some serious upcoming dental work, and I have always had a dental phobia which causes me extreme anticipatory anxiety. It affects my sleep and eating. I stay in "anxious mode" (butterflies in stomach, IBS, along with a feeling of fear and dread) constantly. It will entail several appointments and maybe a few months, possibly? I am currently taking Buspar and Wellbutrin SR 150mg, and they had been working well for me until this situation cropped up with an abscessed tooth, leading to a possible dental implant. I think the 10 day course of the antibiotic Keflex added to my anxiety level also. BTW, I have always had to take a lorazepam before a dental procedure only, prescribed by my dentist. Only time it is prescribed to me (before a dental procedure). My doctors won't give it on a regular basis.
I have taken Celexa, Lexapro, Effexor, Pristiq, Soloft, in the past. Don't like what I hear about Paxil or Cymbalta. Not for me. Any suggestions?