Have had anxiety for over 2 decades. 6 months ago, I developed constant panic. From morning to night, I have a racing mind, chills, hot flashes, have no appetite, vomit at least once a day and can't concentrate at school or work. Did all tests (blood work, etc) and nothing was found.

Went to see psychiatrist a 5 weeks ago who put me on 5 mg of Prozac for 2 weeks, then 10 mg for a week and 20 mg for 2 weeks now. I also take .25 Klonopin 4 times a day. None of this has had an effect on above panic state at all. Now, he wants to add Zyprexa (anti-psychotic) to the mix and up me to 40 mg of Prozac. I am scared of the Zyprexa. I'm not psychotic and I have a family history of diabetes.

My question is if anyone has had success with only Prozac for severe anxiety? I'm ok with a higher does of Prozac, but want to avoid Zyprexa if possible. If you have taken Prozac in combination with some drug, which one was it?