Has Provigil ever been prescribed as two doses in a 24 hour period?

LaurieShay 26 Jul 2015

It really depends on why it is being prescribed. I take Provigil for idiopathic hypersomnia and use to take once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

LilaLucyBosely 12 Aug 2015

I take Provigil for narcolepsy and cataplexy. My neurologist prescribes it in two dosages: 200 mg upon waking and 200 mg around 11 AM. Provigil is prescribed this way as it has somewhat of a short half life (it doesn't work for many hours). Taking it in two dosages allows me to feel the effects or assistance with staying awake longer into my day. If I understand correctly, 400 mg is the most that can be prescribed in a 24 hour period. So, it is absolutely possible to take more than one dose of Provigil in a 24 hour period as long as the two doses do not exceed 400 mg total.

barronld1 7 Dec 2015

HI- I have NON-24 Sleep/Wake Disorder and can't sleep at night. If I have to function during the day, I take one 200MG tablet of Provigil twice daily - usually one in the morning and one in the early afternoon. Sometimes it does nothing at all, sometimes it helps me be more awake and productive, and sometimes it makes me feel a bit jittery. Adderall (20MG tablet twice daily) actually works better for me and is MUCH less expensive ($8 vs. $50 with insurance, $55 vs. $1,400 without for 60 pills). Unfortunately, because it such an abused drug my doctor stopped prescribing it. Very unfair, aggravating, and costly to those of us that used it only as prescribed. Hope this helps:)