Propranolol - I have severe anxiety disorder!! Can this med cause a stroke?

kaismama 12 Jul 2013

No, hopefully it should prevent one. It is first of all a bp med. Its also used for anxiety.

endlessPred 12 Jul 2013

And it is addictive for many. So please be careful to use exactly as prescribed. The addiction is usually based upon reliance rather than the drug demanding more. However, both can be trouble. I suggest you discuss this with your physician and therapist. If they are recommending, give it a try. You will know soon enough if it is right for you. This one tool in their many choices and works very well for some with no troubles or side effects.

endlessPred 12 Jul 2013

On. Performance anxiety is a perfect use. My daughter takes it before she plays the violin for a performance. She says it helps her stay calm and focused. It does not affect her playing. A number of other concert violist also use it -trade secret, I guess.