Propranolol - I have general anxiety. Will this help or is it specific for public speaking?

chuck1957 30 Aug 2017

help; No many people take propranolol for much more than just stage speaking and such just for general anxiety and taken regularly it does seem to work and help very well. And if you continue to have problems see the doctor again because it is not unusual to be taking more than just one medication but it is best to start this way. IT is always better to start with something and slowly add if needed than give you something that you don't really need. give it a good try. Chuck1957

Sidekick55 30 Aug 2017

Propranolol helps with that adrenaline rush from anxiety, so if that's what you're experiencing, then yes. If it's actual generalized anxiety, like myself, I benefited more from antidepressants and therapy