Can I use propranolol for anxiety ,pain from migraines and other pain like back pain?

Anonymous 3 Jun 2013

Hello david Larsen. In regards for Migraines yes. As to the other two, back pain and anxiety I cannot answer, confirm.

DzooBaby 3 Jun 2013

It works very well for migraines but I dont think there is much evidence for using it for back pain. It may help with anxiety by keeping the heart rate slow and even.

tahirshaukat 4 Jun 2013

dear, propranolol is a non-cardioselective beta blocker. it is commonly used for prophylaxis of migraine attack i.e. before the start of migraine. but is ineffective after onset of migraine attack. for anxiety and backache its use is not documented. for anxiety it is better to use benzodiazepines and for general backache non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in consultation with your family physician.
cordially Tahir Pharmacist