Propranolol 40mg and nifedipine 10mg can be used together to treat high blood pressure ?

Marvell 5 Apr 2010

Yes, propranolol and nifedipine (at those doses) can be used together to treat blood pressure.

21kk 10 Jun 2010

After taking Co-Diovan ( 160/12.5mg ) for few months, can my mum change back in taking Nifedipine ( 10mg ) & Propranolol ( 40mg ) ? My mum is at the age of 82, having hypertension for 20 over years and for last two years she is having problem with right leg swollen. Please advise.

21kk 10 Jun 2010

Sorry, this is my own question and not the answer.

Sacosam 10 Jun 2010

Hi; Propranolol and nifedipine can indeed be used together, i've been doing it for quite awhile... BUT... Do not use 10mg. capsules, they're dangerous for some reason. [see your Doc.] You need to use30mg. Nifedipine ER. You may have to adjust your Propranolol dose down. Sacosam