How much is to much propranolol I am on 240 mg per day for essential tremor?

kaismama 29 Dec 2012

Max dose for essential tremors is 320 mg /day

AquariusAnneCA 29 Dec 2012

In my opinion, 240mg is way way too much to start with!!! I started on 20mg and in 15 years went to 40mg last year so why the doctor would start on such a high dose is questionable to me. My friend was put on 80mg and could barely walk, it made her so weak. I had familial tremors in my hands. Please keep me apprise as to how this large dose works out for you?
Thank you,
AquariusAnneCA

kaismama 29 Dec 2012

Max dose for high blood pressure is 600 something. You could have knocked me over when I saw that one. I didn't get the impression it was a starting dose tho.

chersewing1 8 Jan 2013

Three years ago started on 20 mg then continual increases, I have familial tremors also. Nursing and tremors don't go together to well. It is mainly my right hand, and I happen to of course be right handed. and head tremors if I am concentrating really hard. Thanks for your comment.