Skip to Content

Pristiq - what med helps persistent depressive disorder, anxiety, and my newest concern anger?

Responses (1)

WildcatVet 15 Oct 2015

Hi, Kelly! Different drugs work differently in each individual so it's a matter of finding what works best for you. With your combination of symptoms you might consider a referral to a psychiatrist if you're currently seeing a GP.
Many antidepressants (Celexa, Lexapro, Zoloft, Effexor, Pristiq, etc.) can work nicely for both depression and anxiety. A psychiatrist should be able to determine if your anger issues ar due to another disorder and perhaps prescribe a mood stabilizer.
Best wishes, WCV

Kellyree 15 Oct 2015

I do see a psych regularly. But I like hearing people's experiences as well.

WildcatVet 15 Oct 2015

I was treated (unsuccessfully) for Major Depressive Disorder/anxiety for over 30 years until my anger issues became severe. My new psychiatrist tested me and determined the anger was a subset form of hypomania and started me on a mood stabilizer and antipsychotic for Bipolar disorder.
Boy, do I love Dr.Matt and my new meds! :-)
Good luck to you you too!

vincechristine 12 Nov 2015

Nice free discount card

Further Information

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions