Pristiq - what med helps persistent depressive disorder, anxiety, and my newest concern anger?

WildcatVet 15 Oct 2015

Hi, Kelly! Different drugs work differently in each individual so it's a matter of finding what works best for you. With your combination of symptoms you might consider a referral to a psychiatrist if you're currently seeing a GP.
Many antidepressants (Celexa, Lexapro, Zoloft, Effexor, Pristiq, etc.) can work nicely for both depression and anxiety. A psychiatrist should be able to determine if your anger issues ar due to another disorder and perhaps prescribe a mood stabilizer.
Best wishes, WCV

Kellyree 15 Oct 2015

I do see a psych regularly. But I like hearing people's experiences as well.

WildcatVet 15 Oct 2015

I was treated (unsuccessfully) for Major Depressive Disorder/anxiety for over 30 years until my anger issues became severe. My new psychiatrist tested me and determined the anger was a subset form of hypomania and started me on a mood stabilizer and antipsychotic for Bipolar disorder.
Boy, do I love Dr.Matt and my new meds! :-)
Good luck to you you too!

vincechristine 12 Nov 2015

Nice