Pristiq - what about long term use?

Anonymous 10 Oct 2012

Hello Mel43. There have not been studies to date as to long term use of Pristig. Regards pledge

Anonymous 10 Oct 2012

* Pristiq

LaurieShay 10 Oct 2012

Since it is relatively new as Pledge says no studies to know for sure about effects of long term use. I have been taking for a couple of years now and don't plan to stop anytime soon. Life long illness, life long treatment.

Pitt77 10 Oct 2012

I'm on day 9 of quitting Prestiq cold turkey 50mgs. I started on it in June. I took it for anxiety. Now I just exercise longer and harder that seems to help with anxiety. I just didn't want to be dependent on a pill for the rest of my life. Withdrawal symptoms haven't been to bad. My anxiety was worse when I started taking prestiq. I have xanex on hand just in case I feel an attack coming on. Still having horrible nightmares.

sara12345 12 Oct 2012

No studies, but it is very similar to Effexor which has been on the market for many years. I switched to it from previously taking Effexor to get a better sex drive back.

There's no way that I can be without an anti-depressant. Have long term severe depression. But not anymore thanks to the anti-depresssant.

Depression is known to be a disease of the whole body, causing many other illnesses.