Primidone - how does this medication help with substance abuse?

subzero58 13 Aug 2012

this is an antisizure drug try the interaction checker in the blue line and add whatever other meds your on unless you want to ask the question diffrintly like will primidone help me with while im taking methadone or to stop taking taking it give some more info... subzero58

Anonymous 28 Aug 2012

It is used to control seizures... the only reason that I can think of that you would take it for substance abuse is if you are having withdrawal symptoms and they would give it to you to try to keep you from having seizures during withdrawal , which believe me can happen!! I had seizures during Heroin/Opiate withdrawal. Hope this helps... :)

happybrandee 3 Nov 2012

The only reason that I can think of that you would be taking this for substance abuse is if you are having really severe withdrawal that is causing you to have seziures ... other than that, it doesn't help with substance abuse.