Why has the price of Propranolol er 60 mg gone up so bad?

kaismama 7 Feb 2014

There is a disturbing trend for the beta blockers to be skyrocketing in price, one at a time. The pharmacies blame it on the affordable care act. I wasn't aware that the aca was pricing medications. Mine jumped from $40 a month to $300 a month. Plays heck with the donut hole.

kaw06 7 Feb 2014

My Abilify doubled in price ths month! I wonder if its more drugs than just beta blockers?

kaismama 8 Feb 2014

Yes it's like the drug co., distributors and pharmacies have all decided they had to get rich quick. I emailed the whitehouse today to tell how unaffordable the aca has made healthcare.

topaz11573 30 Apr 2015

I work in a state run outpatient mental health clinic, I purchase medication wholesale through our distributor approximately twice weekly to give to our clients for free. Up until recently we were able to purchase 1000 propranolol 10 mg tablets for around $47.00. My price for this today is almost $40 for 100 tablets. Prices have also increased comparably for other doses of this medication. Many other generic medication prices have increased increased astronomically as well such as benztropine, amitriptyline etc...