I have a prescription for doxycycline that is dated 3-06-2012, is it still safe to take?

tonyplake 11 Jun 2013

Hi, bigred, my pharmacy Walgreens puts on each pill bottle a "use before" date which typically is generally one year from the date of the prescription. Having said this you might need a magnifying glass to find it - lol. Best to call your pharmacy and ask them if it is still safe to take.

I do have a sneaking suspicion that you have a new infection and are using this prior rx of doxycycline to self medicate and treat. That's a big no. You probably don't have enough pills to wipe out any infection anyway. Make an appointment with your doctor no matter what. There is a reason doctors don't refill antibiotics without seeing you.

All the best and feel better! ~Tony