Is there another prescribed med that would be similar to clobetasol liquid for psoriasis on scalp?

Costelma67 29 Nov 2017

Clobex liquid helps greatly but is very expensive. Clobetasol proprionate, the generic brand, comes in liquid, cream, ointment and foam. I use the ointment as it helps soften scales to a point. It also relieves itching for a short time. The ointment washes out with normal shampooing. The generic liquid does not help as well as Clobex and seems to be formulated differently in generic form. The foam in the generic form also seems to dry up the scales that itch more. If it is up to me, I’d use Clobex all the time but cannot afford it. At times there are coupons available from a dermatologist, but not at present. Most times, I feel like my scalp itches more than it is relieved using clobetasol proprionate.