I just went to the psychiatrist regarding my anxiety. I do suffer from panic attacks and it has gotten a bit worse, but overall, my day to day life is fairly normal. I expressed to her that I did not like how I felt on Zoloft, after having taken it previously. I also expressed concerns about Xanax because of a close family member abusing it a few years ago. She was pretty rude, honestly, but at the end of it all prescribed Lexapro for daily use and Xanax as needed. Upon getting home, I started reading the side effects of Lexapro and I'm not entirely sure I want to take it. Side effects like lowered sex drive are a concern to me as a married woman and I do enjoy the occasional glass of red wine. The psychiatrist made me cry because she was rude (I'm super sensitive) and I'm a little nervous about not filling the prescription. As a example of her rudeness, when I told her about my concern regarding family drug abuse and Xanax, her response was, "You're acting pretty dramatic and it should not have affected you that much. Drug abuse is very common. Your situation is not unique." Um, okay...

I have a follow up with her in February to track my progress. I'm disappointed that the solution was to give me this two drugs -- one that she knew I adverse to taking from the start-- without considering the overall effects it would have. I'm not one to be rebellious, but Lexapro has quite a few negative side effects (which I know don't affect everyone and I would almost prefer living with anxiety... At least I know what I'm getting