I have been prescibe to take 6 x 5 mg of prednisone in the mornings why not 1 30 mg tablet?

kaismama 26 Oct 2014

Because when you have 5 mg pills your dose can be adjusted easily if necessary. If you had 30 mg pills and need to go to 35 mg you'd have to run out and get different pills.

Anonymous 18 Jan 2015

I was told that the 1mg and 5mg tablets were for everyone, the higher doses are saved for the Cancer patients.
I suppose it also prevents the possible mix up of taking 6 x 30 mg tabs by mistake

I take Methotrexate 10mg per week. I am prescribed 2.5 mg tabs, so I have to take 4. There is a 10mg tab available but they don't prescribe it to patients like me because of the potential to confuse the number of tabs taken. It doesn't help that both strengths are a similar colour.