I am pregnant and I stopped taken celexa, what is safe to take in place of celexa?

LaurieShay 24 Jan 2013

While pregnant it is best to refrain from taking any medications unless the benefit outweighs the risk. With antidepressants it usually is recommended to taper off the last trimester if the medication is necessary. Best to see your obstetrician and doctor that was prescribing the Celexa and determine the appropriate course of action for your treatment. It maybe that talk therapy will help control your symptoms while you carry this baby without medication.

WildcatVet 24 Jan 2013

Hi, honey! Laurie is right - no AD is completely safe to take during pregnancy so your best course is to consult your doctors for advice and possibly alternative therapies. Best wishes, WC