Can I get pregnant on propranolol while on birth control?

Marvell 23 Apr 2012

I'm not too sure about your question? Could you please clarify.

Anonymous 23 Apr 2012

If you are on birth control, I would have to say the first month is usually suggested you use another form of birth control also such as condoms. Propranolol is a beta blocker to either control blood pressure or A-fib, or slow your heart rate, & shouldn't interfere with the other meds you mentioned. Since you did not give the name of your birth contol pill, I cannot check it for you. Propranolol reacts with many other drugs, but I did ot see a birth control pill listed. You can check this yourself, by using the interreactor checker at the top of this page in blue. Just type in the names of your two meds, & it will give you the interreactions with all other drugs & also foods. I do think you are protected, but please check them out as I have suggested... Mary