I got implanon inserted 8 days ago and was told to wait 7 days before having unprotected sex to avoid pregnancy. Today my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex where he ejaculated inside me.
Naturally, I'm still terrified of getting pregnant and would like to know if that is likely to happen?
Can I get pregnant while on implanon?
- 3 Nov 2015 by Burnt Bouquets
- 8 Mar 2016
- implanon, birth control, contraception, pregnancy, sex, unprotected sex
Relax. Implanon is very effective with less than 1 out of 100 women a year falling pregnant while using Implanon. You would be extremely unlucky if this was you! You have followed the correct instructions by waiting for 7 days before having unprotected sex and have nothing to worry about.
- Implanon Information for Consumers
- Implanon Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Implanon (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Will I get pregnant if I remove my implant after sex Hence had sex on Thursday & removal is Tuesday?
Posted 6 Apr 2013 • 3 answers
Posted 26 Dec 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 7 Aug 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 26 Sep 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 14 Oct 2015 • 1 answer