I am taking the birth conntrol, Lutera, and i forgot to take it two days in a row. could i be pregnant? And if i am will it urt the baby if i keep taking it?
How long ago did you forget the pills? Did you follow the information on the patient leaflet?
This from https://www.drugs.com/pro/lutera.html
"... If you MISS 2 white “active” pills in a row in WEEK 1 OR WEEK 2 of your pack:
1. Take 2 pills on the day you remember and 2 pills the next day.
2. Then take 1 pill a day until you finish the pack.
3. You MAY BECOME PREGNANT if you have sex in the 7 days after you miss pills. You MUST use another birth-control method (such as condoms or foam) as a back-up for those 7 days.
If you MISS 2 white “active” pills in a row in THE 3rd WEEK:
1. If you are a Day 1 Starter:
THROW OUT the rest of the pill pack and start a new pack that same day.
If you are a Sunday Starter:
Keep taking 1 pill every day until Sunday.
On Sunday, THROW OUT the rest of the pack and start a new pack of pills that same day.
2. You may not have your period this month but this is expected.
However, if you miss your period 2 months in a row, call your doctor or clinic because you might be pregnant.
3. You MAY BECOME PREGNANT if you have sex in the 7 days after you miss pills. You MUST use another birth-control method (such as condoms, or foam) as a back-up for those 7 days."
See your doctor if you have not followed the above guidelines.
Experience has shown that continuing birth control pills for short periods of time while unknowingly pregnant carries very little risk.
- Lutera Information for Consumers
- Lutera Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Lutera (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 4 Apr 2013 • 2 answers
Posted 4 May 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 14 Jul 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 24 Jan 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 5 May 2015 • 1 answer