Pregnancy - How many days after sex can you find out if your pregnant?

kaismama 19 Jan 2014

Its best to wait until your period is a week late, to be sure its a true response. The hormone it tests for has to be high enough for it catch it.

Chels2008 19 Jan 2014

I just started the Nuva Ring after taking out Mirina and my husband and I had unprotected sex that first week not knowing we were supposed to use back up birth control immediately (dr.failed to tell us this) so I never had a chance to have a period between switching b/c's.. so should I wait untill I take it out for that week? Id just like to find out asap.

kaismama 19 Jan 2014

Oh, since mirena is a hormonal birth control, If you started the ring right away, you should have maintained protection. You should have your period when you get to the week you take your ring out.

Chels2008 19 Jan 2014

I had mirena out on a Tuesday and put nuva ring on a Wednesday .. so ill be ok? How long is (was) mirena hormones in my system then?