Does povidone iodine safe for treating vaginal discharge in pregnant woman?

DzooBaby 14 Jun 2013

Never, ever use a douche or ANY products in your vagina while pregnant without your obstetrician saying it is ok to do so.

DzooBaby 14 Jun 2013

I also want to say that a douche is never a good treatment for vaginal discharge in most cases. The vagina is a self cleaning organ, there is rarely ever a reason to need to douche. Douching can actually aggravate bacterial vaginosis and yeast infections as it kills off beneficial bacteria as well as bad bacteria. Once the beneficial bacteria are gone, bad bacteria will quickly take over causing unpleasant symptoms and more discharge. Douching also upsets the pH balance of the vagina leaving it vulnerable to bacterial infections. Never ever douche unless your Dr tells you to and it is a rare case that they will tell you to douche. Douching is not necessary and can actually cause more problems than it solves.

kaismama 14 Jun 2013

I agree and besides I would never use betadine, it destroys skin cells.