If I take potassium one a day at 10meq and my wife takes it at 40mg, which is stronger?

DzooBaby 17 May 2012

40mEq is stronger. mEq stands for milliequivelents.

DzooBaby 17 May 2012

Sorry, as soon as I submitted that answer I realized I read your question wrong. Let me do a bit of research to give you a proper answer.

DzooBaby 17 May 2012

10mEq is stronger than 40mg.

DzooBaby 17 May 2012

If you are talking about potassium chloride, 10mEq is equal to 750mg potassium chloride.

kaismama 17 May 2012

Potassium isn't measured in MG's its measured in meq, thus she is taking more meq's then you so it is stronger.

txskipper 18 May 2012

two answers. One said my 10meq is stronger and another said the 40mg is stronger. We are in our 70s and sometimes share pills to save money. I thank you both for taking the time.

kaismama 18 May 2012

Please, look at the label, does it say mg or meq? That's where our difference in the answer is.

txskipper 18 May 2012

I am sorry. You of course are right, They both say 10meg. I need a pair of glasses or a new wife after 49 years. 'Preciate it.

kaismama 18 May 2012

The glasses would probably be cheaper, lolol