almost a year ago, my doctor gave me tramadol to take whenever the fibro pain was more than the motrin (which he switched me to from naprosyn) did not cut it. to take as needed. and I rarely needed it.

Until this past december when the fibro took a spurt. I now still only take it when needed and when the pain is more than 400 mg of motrin taking 4 x a day will not cut the pain. but I am also now needing to do that about 3x a day for maybe 5 out of 7 days a week. a low dosage of 50mg.

I have started itching on my back. now it seems it itches until the itch then becomes painful. and continues so that is when I take the tramadol. but seeing that this is a side effect, have i misread what the itching is?

and since I take it sporadically, not on a set schedule of every 4 or 6 hours, how much of a withdrawl may I go thru if I stop.

not looking forward to the pain but I do not want to be addicted OR/and be taking a medicine I am allergic to. I did have withdrawl with one of the pain patches that were taken off of the market. had heart palpitations and stopped after 2 wks and went thru 2 wks of hell. do not want to do that again.

I am at a loss.