Hello, I'm a 20 year old who has had OCD symptoms since childhood (maybe 9,10) with mainly compulsions when I was younger, and mainly obsessive thoughts when I got older.

However, I'd been in a great place until recently, with totally manageable systems. All that changed in maybe late December of last year, when I had a flare up that hasn't gone away. It's making me miserable, and negatively affecting my relationship with my boyfriend, because many of my obsessive thoughts are about whether or not I am a good/faithful girlfriend, accompanied by compulsions to confess/seek reassurance.

It's recently dawned on me that my birth control might have something to do with it. I went on it for the first time ever in November, and my symptoms spiked about a month later. I was totally FINE before then. It seems like more than a coincidence, although maybe this is just wishful thinking. Do you all think there would be any merit in taking a break from birth control? Have you heard of anything like this before? My pill is called portia and it is ethinyl estradiol and levonorgestrel, if that information helps at all. And it says depression might be a side effect, but nothing about OCD/anxiety. Hmmm.

Well, thank you so much for your time reading this. It would mean a lot if any of you have insights to share. :]