Please, drug of choice for lupus syndrome? and how can I diagnose?

midwestma 18 Aug 2010

Most often Doctors will order an entire blood profile on you, cbc, sed rate, ANA test etc. It has been said that if your sed rate and ANA test's are elevated it is suspicious for Systemic Lupus, along with a host of many other tests they must take, that have also been false negatives, false positives also, so it can and may take some time for them to correctly diagnose your situation. Please be patient, I know from experience this is so hard to do. I understand how must be feeling. There are many posters here with a host of information that can help you out, most more than I probably can. so please check back often, you won't regret it. I promise. I wish you all the luck in the world. Bless You, and please hang tough.. you'll need it, Lupus is not an easy disease to deal with. ((hugs))

Jerseyrose 18 Aug 2010

I have SLE Lupus, and I currently take Plaquenil and Prednisone, as well as Tramadol for pain.

pinkie cam 31 Aug 2010

i am taking plaquinel which is a disease modifing agent and tylenol # 3 for pain for three years in November and I will have been on Immuran which is an immune suppressant for a year in December.

Teresa

molovekayak 12 Sep 2010

I have SLE also. I take plaquenil and I often have to take steroids which I hate but they do help. If you are ever on steroids ask your dr for a sleeping pill too because I find that steroids make it very hard to sleep. You will have to have many much needed blood work done too. I have been a survivor for 14 years and I am 32. It is a very hard disease to live with and many people, even your loved ones, do not understand it or know what it is like to deal with lupus. There are many educational information out there. If you haven't already, go to the Lupus Foundation of America website and request phamplets for your family and friends. They are also an amazing site to help you with any questions you may have. They also have support groups and dr referrals. I would join also, they ask for a donation but since lupus is a very expensive disease you do not have to pay anything. You will get lots of support and helpful information along with Lupus Now magazine! Good luck!! I wish you the best!