After having an emergency illostomy in which 6" of small colon was removed along with all of my large colon and rectum leaving me many adhesions and a "J" plant, I wonder if my ultimate death will be from cooked brocolli. I've been hospitalized many times for partial obstructions all due to high fiber in my diet. Is there any way to cure myself after ingesting cooked brocoli accidentally? I'm dreading another trip to the ER where the nose vacuume will be waiting to suck up all the stmach acid. I say this now as I lay curled up hoping to pass flatulance soon or vomit, which ever comes first. A quick reply would be appreciated as well as beneficial, thank you.