My girlfriend and had intercourse, the condom broke and once we firgured it broke we went straight to purchase the pill. Shes very stressed, but its still the same day as the accident, im trying to calm her down about it and seeing these succes stories give me more of a relaxed feeling but knowing shes stressing is making me stress. I just want to reassure her everything will be fine. Whats the average wait we expect to know forsure its worked... Im starting to stress about it more the more she tells me she cant think straight. Any help? ..
There is absolutely no way to know if it worked until its time for her period. When that's a week late you can test. Please read my previous post https://www.drugs.com/answers/girls-worrying-pregnancy-read-1256466.html
Without Plan b, each time a woman has sex, she only has about a 30% chance of getting pregnant and about a 70% chance for NOT getting pregnant. Plan b brings it up to and 80-95% chance for NOT getting pregnant! Chances are in favor for her NOT getting pregnant but she should probably use this opportunity to see a Dr about getting onto the Pill or some other regular form of birth control. Many hormonal birth control methods, when used properly, are 99.9% effective. If you are going to be sexually active then it is crucial to protect herself the best she can so she should see her Dr for a form of hormonal birth control, like the Pill. Plan b is not effective enough to rely on as birth control (in my experience,neither are condoms but using spermicide with condoms makes them more effective).
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 25 Aug 2013 • 2 answers
Posted 21 Sep 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 17 May 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 22 Nov 2015 • 2 answers
Posted 26 Feb 2016 • 3 answers