Shouldn't Plan B be taken within 72 hours of intercourse to be effective?? I read that somewhere?

Marvell 11 Aug 2013

Yes, Plan B should be taken within 72 hours after unprotected sex.

The first dose of Plan B must be taken as soon as possible after unprotected sex (no later than 72 hours afterward). The second dose must be taken 12 hours after the first dose. The timing of these doses is very important for this medication to be effective.

https://www.drugs.com/plan-b.html

MacIntosh12 12 Aug 2013

Hi ChelleKay,
I've read the same, within 72 hours. There are so many questions regarding Plan B, aren't there? And BC pills, loads of questions there, too.
love,
Lara

ryank10909 2 Sep 2013

ChelleKay,
This answer I'm writing is totally irrevelant to the question as it's already been anwered. I'm finally logging back on now because we have new work computers :) I remember that you wanted to ask me some questions and couldnt figure out how to get the private messages/questions to work.If you go to my profile and click add as a friend we should be able to talk there. I'm still here and I hope everything is going good for you. Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with! Feel free to send me any messages you like :)

ChelleKay 3 Sep 2013

Ryan - so good to have you back. I have checked my stats and you are a friend. Have you added me as a friend? If we both do that, we should be able to PQ anytime. I so appreciate you remembering me.and wish to reach out. I'll try removing you as a friend then adding you back. If you have added me, maybe that will work. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Thank you so much... bw well as can be...