Phendimetrazine - What bmi is required to get a dr. to prescribe it?

Anonymous 13 Jan 2013

Hello. Could you please explain bmi, I am not familiar with the term. Appreciated pledge

Anonymous 15 Jan 2013

Ohh remember that song... I'm leaving on a jet plane... dont know if I'll be back again. Wonder whay he didnt want to come back. Maybe too many lurkers that stay hidden in the back ground, watching silenty to everything going on around them, and reporting their findings. Then he realizes the place he's suppose to be is helping others, and that is all. Living a life of harmony. hurting noone, but laughing and loving his life. Turning away from all evil and running towards the true love tha people have for him. Sound good? or am I just hoping the good will come ot of him, and the bad will float up in the air like a baloon.

cupcake7667 15 Jan 2013

Little Ruthie... remember this song:

Oh, Oh big ol' jet airliner
Don't carry me too far away
Oh, Oh big ol' jet airliner
Cause it's here that I've got to stay

Goodbye to all my friends at home
Goodbye to people I've trusted
I've got to go out and make my way
I might get rich you know I might get busted
But my heart keeps calling me backwards

As I get on the 707
Ridin' high I got tears in my eyes
You know you got to go through hell
Before you get to heaven

cupcake7667 13 Jan 2013

BMI is body mass index. I'm assuming this is a question regarding a medication for weight loss as some require you to have a specific BMI. Could you let me know what medication and I will let you know what BMI and correct me if I assumed incorrectly. Looking forward to hearing from you!

cupcake7667 14 Jan 2013

I apologize, I see the medication you referred to. It's meant for weight loss in the "obese patient", which is a BMI 30 or above but I have seen these types of drugs being prescribed with a BMI of 27 or greater. Just so you know in case you were wondering, normal BMI is 18.9-24.9, overweight 25-29.9, obese 30 and above. Sorry I missed the pill the first time around. Best of luck!

cupcake7667 14 Jan 2013

I wanted to include this as I'm a dietitian certified in adult weight mgmt:
Phendimetrazine tartrate extended-release capsules are indicated in the management of exogenous obesity as a short term adjunct (a few weeks) in a regimen of weight reduction based on caloric restriction in patients with an initial body mass index (BMI) of greater than or equal to 30 kg/m2 or greater than or equal to 27 kg/m2 in the presence of other risk factors (e.g., controlled hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia) who have not responded to appropriate weight reducing regimen (diet and/or exercise) alone. So with that being said, the doctor should prescribe it if you BMI falls into the 27-30 range if you have pre existing conditions.