Can the pharmasist keep your prescription if you changed your mind from buying the medication from?

Stephen Treloar 24 Jan 2016

There is probably a legal definition for it but if you have handed the script to the pharmacy to be filled and then have a change in heart over price for example; I think you will find that once you handed it to them to be filled you have entered into a contract for them to supply that medication to you. However, If you were a really regular customer I would expect them to be a little more flexible.

It may be best in the future to ask about out of pocket expenses after insurance. Not all pharmacies accept all insurance so it is important to ask that too.

If you have left the store and returned to try and get a refund, it won't happen.

Having said all of that I would like to see what Chuck1957 has to say about this (more than 20 years in pharmacies).

Good luck, Steve