Pharmacy discount cards are no longer accepted for controlled sub at walmart, Walgreens, & CVS?

DzooBaby 17 Dec 2013

You've got to be kidding me?! Even ones that the Dr prints out and gives you? I used one of those at CVS just last month.

Ppowell1969 17 Dec 2013

Yep afraid so. I used one last month also for oxy Now they don't accept for narcotics Walmart pharm said it wouldn't be long when they will not accept any for any meds she did let me use a card this time but my med was still $125 Reg cash price is almost $300. We can't afford that I am trying to get disability presently
I just wanted to let people know

cly2016 2 Aug 2016

2016 Found out today Walgreens does not accept Good Rx discount card,Sucks for people such as myself whom have 0 perscription plan and have to pay out of pocket for meds... Guess drug companies thirsty for mo money... so now they ll have one less patient paying for meds... can t afford not to have discount ..BS

kaismama 17 Dec 2013

They are going to find any way they can to stop the use of narcotics and make over a million people suffer aren't they? Walmart will loose customers if they stop taking the discount card for anything. I just wish someone important in the government had to suffer what we do, ever day day in and day out. Its like there is no empathy at all. All they care about is the idiot on the street using the stuff illegally and killing themselves. We'll soon have modern speakeasies with drugs instead of alcohol. Have you checked the mom and pop stores or rite aid?

Ppowell1969 17 Dec 2013

I agree whole heartedly. My daddy always said that me & him were the only ones that knew what real pain was
I just found out that SSID hearing will not b until spring 2015! I'm going to try hometown pharm. I'm trying to find a assistance program. No luck

kaismama 17 Dec 2013

That's why I never tried for disability. Its just ridicules. Who was going to support us while they fooled around? You'd probably do better with a lawyer.
Here are some groups that offer med assistance: The CoPay Relief Program 1-866-512-3861 or copay.org; or Suddenly Senior suddenlysenior.com/patientassistantprograms.html; or Needy Meds needymeds.org; and Partnership for Prescription Assistance 1-888-477-2669 or pparx.org, freemedicine.com access2wellness.com
benefitscheckup.org/cf/index.cfm?partner_id=22

DzooBaby 17 Dec 2013

Yes, save all the addicts but do it at the expense of legit pain patients. If it is a$$ backwards, it is the way our country does things!

DzooBaby 17 Dec 2013

They learned nothing from prohibition. You cannot legislate behavior!

Ppowell1969 17 Dec 2013

Thanks so much for the leads