The pharmacist at Winn Dixie told me generic lexapro will be out this week, is this true?

Mrszilch 11 Mar 2012

I know it is set to go generic but I didn't know when. Your pharmacist has the latest info

Cathy927 12 Mar 2012

I did actually talk to him again today, and it is out... Unfortunately it is not a lot cheaper than Lexapro. Thanks

Mrszilch 12 Mar 2012

Hopefully it will come down as more pharmaceutical companies start to manufacture the generic, then the cost should come down but it can cause some dosage issues. With drugs that have effects on hormone & brain chemicals you need to stay with the same manufacturer. While the med is the same, how it gets into and out if the body can differ significantly affecting it's effectiveness. Sounds like you have a good pharmacist. C