Should the other personality be suppressed? Or should it be accepted as a part of me?

Sphona 8 Dec 2014

Don't surprise them. They are a part of who you are. They are there to help you manage your feelings about things that happened in the past. Try to keep a journal so you know more about them. If you can figure how what happened to you to create them then it will be easier to control the switches.

Mysicxz 9 Dec 2014

Hi thanks for replying. It's actually my friend who has DID but he hates the other persona.. And I want to know how to help him..

Shamay Groman 24 Dec 2014

I suffer from DID and I've learned through meditation and mental awareness exercises how to control and communicate with my persona. Keeping a journal is one way to communicate. It can read just as well as you can, as it is simply a part of you.