Hi- I'm a 45 year-old male. About 8 years ago, I had a fairly sudden onset of severe pins and needles sensation on the left side of my face, including my lips and tongue. Left arms and leg (but not foot or hand) are affected to a lesser degree. After a brief hospital stay, lots of tests, and then several follow ups for the next few years, the neuros ruled out: stroke/TIA, MS, rheumatoid arthritis, Lyme's, and I forget what all else. Nerve conductance was normal. Basically, the docs so far have said they didn't have a clue as to what it is or how to treat it. The symptoms never completely go away, but seem to get worse when I'm around strong scents (perfumes and lots of chemicals), but also when exposed to artificial heat - like an overheated building- but not when it's hot outside. At its worst, I feel weak in those limbs in addition to the neuropathic pain.

Does this ring a bell for anybody? I'd appreciate any comments/advice. Cheers!