Percocet 10/325 - will methadone and percs together counteract ?

Rajive Goel 7 Dec 2010

Checked the drugs Interactions Checker & this was reported:

Applies to: methadone, Percocet 10/325 (acetaminophen/oxycodone)
MONITOR: Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects, especially in elderly or debilitated patients.

MANAGEMENT: During concomitant use of these drugs, patients should be monitored for potentially excessive or prolonged CNS and respiratory depression. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.

However, please do double check it with a doc/pharmacist who prescribed the meds, take care.

Anonymous 7 Dec 2010

I'm on methadone, and when I first got on it and tried everything from morphine, oxycontins, hydros...and I felt nothing!! I would think that percocet would fall into that opiate catagory as well.I don't know if it's because methadone is soo much stronger, or if it's got some kind of blocker in it (which I don't think so)..but everytime I relapsed..I never felt a thing. The only thing that I ever felt while on methadone is benzodiazpam. Don't want to sound like I'm condoning relapsing, dont know what your situation is, but I've been clean almost 6 years now. So this isn't from a doctors point of few, just someone w/ personal experience :)