Paxil - sweating is bad does it ever stop or could I take somthing else?

LaurieShay 17 Apr 2011

Hey fatazzchris,

Unfortunately, hyerhidrosis is a common side effect of many antidepressants. It may subside some after being on the medication for awhile, but I have found that it never completely goes away. As far as taking something, not fimilair with anything that helps this condition when it is a side effect of the antidepressant. Make sure you keep hydrated especially when out in the sun.

Best wishes,

Laurie

LaurieShay 17 Apr 2011

oops, I miss spelled hyperhidrosis, sorry.

fatazzchris 17 Apr 2011

what is placebo can it help with the sweating or do u know

LaurieShay 17 Apr 2011

Hey fatazzchris,

A placebo is a sham or simulated medical intervention. A placebo pill is a fake pill for a particular treatment. It is not going to help with the sweating problem.

Laurie

BRRMARS 18 Apr 2011

Paxil will make u sweat and nope nothing you can do about. How long have you been on paxil. When i was on paxil i found it raised my heart rate which in turn made me sweat. How is your heart? I got on beta blockers which slowed my heart rate down, which intern slowed the sweating. So check with your doc.