My patient is already on clonidine for HTN MD just Rx midodrine what should I monitor?

Anonymous 15 Apr 2012

Well that depends on what roll you play in the patient care. If you are a doctor, well, I hope you aren't (seriously hope you aren't the doctor). If you are the pharmacist, then drug interactions, side effects, previous responses to medications of this type, etc. (ok... I hope you aren't a pharmacist either)...

You know what? If you are referring to someone as your patient, and yet you do not know what your role in the monitoring of the various aspects of each level in the healthcare system, then I can't help you because you shouldn't be licensed. I question the truth to your part in this question if only to hope you are asking for personal reasons and are a layman.

No one would admit this kind of ignorance to SOP and (the other) SOP as a professional... right? I hope...

DzooBaby 16 Apr 2012

And you chastize ME for my tone!!

DzooBaby 16 Apr 2012

I assume this person is likely a caregiver and he/she deserves the dignity of an answer. The only stupid question is the question NOT ASKED!!! It is not for me to question what they do in regards to their "patient". Many different people can call someone a "patient". They could be a doctor, pharmacist or nurse but it is unlikely they would ask this sort of question on this forum. It is likely this person is a caregiver (who is NOT licensed consequently) but they may also be a massage therapist or physical therapist not familiar with pharmaceuticals or whatever! This person asked for help and it should be given without a smart assed lecture! I applaud them for taking the time to become informed to better take care of the person placed within their care!

racr13 16 Aug 2013

Analab Clinical Research in Lenexa Kansas is doing a study on Midodrine! It pays real well and you get paid for time and travel on top of a great stipend! For more information call 913-221-0421X350. You just have to be on Midodrine for at lease 3 months

racr13 16 Aug 2013

Analab Clinical Research in Lenexa Kansas is doing a study on Midodrine! It pays real well and you get paid for time and travel on top of a great stipend! For more information call 913-221-0421X350. You just have to be on Midodrine for at lease 3 months.