I was diagnosed for chronic prostatitis 9 months ago. A five day prescribtion of ciprofloxacin and doxycycline was given to me, and I responded to the treatment. Less than a week after the treatment, the pain around the pubic region started reoccurring, and sometimes stretching to the testicles area. Levofloxacin was prescribed to be taken for 3 weeks.
Immediately after commencing the treatment, the pain stopped, but 17 days into the treatment it reoccurred after I passed semen. Since then, occasional pain on the pelvic region down to the testicles continued. After bearing this for a couple of weeks, urine and semen culture was carried out, and the urine only, indicated some bacterial infection. A 10 days treatment of Ciprofloxacin was prescribed again, but only little changes was experienced. The doctor then gave me a 7 day treatment of Cefuroxime axetil (250mg), there was an improvement but the pain still flare-up occasional. I stopped experiencing pain only after taking a 5 day dose of 500mg of Cefuroxime axetil. And this was 3months ago.
Lately the pain around the pubic hair region started reoccurring, and this was after passing semen several times. Please with this brief history what can you advice and is pain occurring only when semen is passed?
Thank you