Paroxetine - what would happen if I took robitussin with paxil?

mitjason 11 Feb 2010

If the Robitussin includes dextromethorphan in it's ingredients I would take it with causing as it could cause symptoms of the serotonin syndrome which may include mental status changes such as irritability, altered consciousness, confusion, hallucinations, and coma; autonomic dysfunction such as tachycardia, hyperthermia, diaphoresis, shivering, blood pressure lability, and mydriasis; neuromuscular abnormalities such as hyperreflexia, myoclonus, tremor, rigidity, and ataxia; and gastrointestinal symptoms such as abdominal cramping, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

This is just a caution and is rare but you should be aware of it happening. If the Robitussin doesn't include dextromethorphan you should be fine to take it with no problems. I hope this helps. Good luck to you!

PS. I would personally take it if I needed it as the risks are slim to none.

somepersonlol 11 Feb 2010

thanks (: