Hello. I am a 20 year old female who has recently been prescribed Lo Loestrin Fe about a month ago. I am currently on my second month and tomorrow I will be nearing the third month of Lo Loestrin Fe.

On September 11th, 2016 I had lost my virginity to my boyfriend. We had no protection except the pills which I have been taking. But the next day I had began spotting. The spotting lasted until about September 18th, 2016. Which I presume that may of been a side effect of the pill.

During the time of spotting my significant other and I continued to have sexual intercourse, no condom involved still, but we also used the withdrawal method as well along with the pills.

But as of today, September 22nd, 2016, I have been having cramps on my lower back. Mind you I'm two pills away from my placebo pills so I have been trying to rule out that maybe it's because my period is soon?

I'm just unsure and new to this world of sex and I want to know if I could possibly be pregnant. I've been taking my pills religiously and never skipped one, We also used the withdrawal method as well.

I guess another reason is is that I read somewhere that low dose birth control which I have been prescribed is not as affective on heavier women such as I.

I'm sorry if this post is a mess but I just want my mind to be set at ease.