... often due to increased gerd symptoms and an ulcer caused by a months use of difene for chest inflammation from pneomonia. I was on 80mgs of pantoptaxol and weaned down to 20mgs a day and managing well, am due to do a hpylori test in 2 weeks and have had to come off pantoprazol before the test. Symptoms are returning and I am trying to get on with it just using antacids, my question is, am I just going to set myself way back again, is there any point doing the test if ulcer has gone and just the gerd I am dealing with now? It has taken so long to feel any way normal and don't want to be set back again where the pain radiates all over chest. Thinking of postponing hpylori test until can wean off pantoprazol, what do you think?