... with the pill op 80. Any truth to this
This, I'm sorry to say, is very true. They have reformulated the OxyContin pills in all strengths. Instead of having OC on the front they now have OP. They have reformulated them to make them difficult to crush. You can no longer crush them to a powder like you could the old OC formulation. If you try to crush them they either flatten out or break into large pieces and supposidly those pieces still retain some of the time release properties although it is still recommended you do not crush them as crushing or breaking them can render the release inconsistent. When exposed to liquid, the OP formulation gels up preventing it from being injected or snorted. This was done to be a deterrent for abuse. They (Perdue Pharma) have also halted all manufacturing of generics so you cannot get a generic any longer either. You are stuck with the new formulation. They also have changed the way they release the medication. The OC formulation used to release 40% of the dose up front then releasing the remaining 60% over the next 12 hours. They are now completely time release so you dont get that 40% bolus you used to get with the OC formulation so they seem to take longer to work.
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 23 Aug 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 13 Nov 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 30 Jun 2011 • 2 answers
I haven't use nuvaring for a few months and just recently got it from my pharmacy. My doctor told me
Posted 23 Dec 2013 • 1 answer
I was told by my pharmacy that Thiothixene is no longer available is this true my husband is on the?
Posted 12 Apr 2014 • 1 answer