What pain medicine for menstrual cramps can I take with Lithium?

WildcatVet 25 Jan 2016

Hi, Kd! About the only medication that doesn't risk side effects with lithium is acetaminophen (Tylenol). Prescription painkillers, even OTC products like Midol, carry a slight risk to some people and may cause dizziness, confusion, weakness, drowsiness, and nausea.
To be safe, your best bet would be to phone up your doctor or speak with a pharmacist for advice.
Best wishes and I hope you feel better soon. WCV

chuck1957 25 Jan 2016

Kdp; I ran a lot of things they use for cramps through the Interaction checker and nothing but Tylenol over the counter and it does not that great of a job. So stick with Wildcatvet; answer whatever is easier call your GP remind them your on Lithium and ask what you can take or check with the pharmacist where you get your prescription from there phone well be right on your bottle.good luck. Chuck1957

lady2882 26 Jan 2016

Years ago when I had such bad menstrual cramps, my doctor told me to take a 500mg calcium tablet starting just before my period would start and continue through until it stopped again. I do not understand why but it really did help with the cramps.
Hope that helps