Pain - does tramdol have codine in it?

Anonymous 13 Dec 2011

i was told tramadol is more of a ibu type, anti inflamatory that is not like narcotic pain meds that give you that buzz. and also alot of drs prescibe it to patients who they do not want on an opiate type medication. so no codiene or any narcotic like oxy. leanne

Anonymous 13 Dec 2011

Tramadol does not have codeine in it. It has been pushed by drug reps to doctors as the non-narcotoic pain reliever. The medical pain reliever of the century if you will. The probelm with tramadol is it is very addictive just like a narcotic pain reliever. It carries a substance the turns narcotic like when it enters your system. It is also a deug that once you are on it cannot be stopped suddenly as it can cause seizures. Just some warnings if you are considering taking it for pain relief...

Anonymous 15 Dec 2011

Dmfritz,
Ultram or tramadol, which docs hand out like candy, is listed in the prescribing information healthcare providers are given under OPIATES. Hummmm! Makes one wonder about the agendas and morals of pharmaceutical companies. And after first pass metabolism do convert to an opiate type metabolite. Jeez, smells like, walks like, quacks like... must be. There are so many meds out there that are out in the world, one would think the consumers deserve truthful information. Just my 2 cents.
Good luck,
Laura

Anonymous 15 Dec 2011

Laura, you 2 cents worth is always welcome, & you have such a wonderful way of putting it! Gave me my chuckle of the morning! Love ya, Mary

Anonymous 15 Dec 2011

Mary,
I always give all your answers a thumbs up as I love your way of expressing yourself. Don't you ever think I deserve one or is that only if I am politically correct? Whas up wid dat?
Love u bunches,
Freaky Hippie

Anonymous 15 Dec 2011

And please Mary... bff... spread the thumbs... ho ho ho ho hack hack hack... might be time to give up my illegal Havana cigars ... YA THINK?