I am on a Fentanyl patch. I have been on it for ten years, for eight of those years, I have been on 100mcgs. About three months ago, I went on vacation and accidently left the patches at home. No big deal, I thought, I'll just go without, well I did and when I got home I put one of my patches on. About eight hours later I started to feel as if I was over medicated very bad.I was extremely euphoric and I felt very sleepy, my face itched terribly and when I slept, I awoke with a bad headache. I had horrible panic attacks because I was scared I was over dosing. In a panic I called and I spoke to my Dr. Immediately and I explained it all to him. I told him that I thought my tolerance had dropped in the two weeks that I wasn't wearing the patches,my Dr. told me that it was NOT from the tolerance dropping as I was on the same drug, the same manufacturer (Mylan),the same dose (100mcgs). He said that he thought I would be fine.
It has been three months later and the patch is still giving me the extreme euphoria, the itching my face terribly, the thirst, the tiredness constantly, nodding off just sitting down,the headaches when I wake up. I am very worried!!!
Does anyone know what is happening here?? I am so desperate, I am so scared that I am going to overdose that whenever I put a patch on and I start to feel the extreme euphoria I remove the patch for hours until I feel normal again and then put a new one or that one back on.I am so desperate for ANY help you all can give me. Please,Please,Please if you can help I really want to know if it is the tolerance or what it could be. Thank you all so very much.

Sincerely,

Extremely Afraid