OxyContin - can FDA control or disapprove what your doctor prescribes you?

kaismama 19 Jan 2013

Not so much the FDA as the DEA. They have been making themselves a general nuisance to doctors, and arresting them if they think they're ordering too many narcs. They do tell the doc what they think is a reasonable amount, not taking into account that tolerances are built up.

meyati 20 Jan 2013

Also surgeons that do surgery in their offices. Of course they don't prescribe cholesterol medicines. So they prescribe too much pain killers. I had part of my nose and lip cut out in the office. I didn't know the cut would be that extensive. My son is a disabled vet-He was freaking out about me going to Day Surgery-I wasn't given anything for the pain. I hurt so much, couldn't eat, the roof of my mouth swelled up. All I had for pain was sherbet.