Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and would like to thank everyone for the wealth of information that you have compiled on this great resource. I hope I can contribute in some way. Right now, I have a question about an issue that is really concerning me.

I take oxycodone for chronic pain. My usage is relatively high, I take between 150-250 mg per dose 3 times a day. Recently, I developed pain around my spine area where the neck meets the back. The pain is the worst in the morning when I wake up. As soon as I take the oxycodone, however, the pain goes away. It goes away almost immediately and almost completely. As the medication wears off, the pain comes back. I also have a strange twinge in my shoulder blade area that began around the same time.

I know it sounds like I have an injury and the oxycodone is masking it. However, I am confident that this pain is associated with the medication. I have never had any pain in this area and I have not had any past or recent injuries to this area.

Has anyone ever heard of oxycodone causing nerve damage? Anyone ever heard of this sort of thing happening? I am really concerned because I am not sure what to do, whether I should keep taking the medication or stop taking it immediately. I called my doctor earlier today but no one called me back.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. If anyone needs any more information, please let me know. God bless.