Hi All-
I've been taking opiates on and off for 4 years. I've got recurrent cancer so I've taken vicodin, fenatyl patch, oxycodone/oxycontin, etc and gotten on/off before. This time though I've been on oxycodone 15mg every 4 hours during the day, since August. Between 50-70mgs per day.

Now due a turn that the cancer is taking, pain has gone down a bit(tumor knocked out a nerve!), so I want to back down off oxy because it makes me too constipated. But I'm concerned that it's too far gone now. Tried backing off two weeks ago(tapered to 10mg every 5 hours, then down to none), but I'm getting a lot of vomiting and stomach upset. It's hard to know if it's withdrawl though because I'm also doing anticancer medicines or maybe I just have the stomach flu. Also have a light backache. And the feeling that maybe if I took some I'd feel happier.
Does that sound like withdrawl? Or do you have to take a LOT more oxycodone to get withdrawl when you go off if? What kind of doses were people taking that made it hard to go off?
Thanks guys,
Melissa